I can’t believe it– 2013 is officially over, and was over a few days ago. So, this post is late–but I haven’t really been posting at all lately. The reason? Christmas kicked my butt and so did Flawed Perfection. The novel is officially in the Editor’s and Alpha reader’s hands–phew (why do I still feel like barfing when it was over two weeks ago that they got it?). I’ve already received some feedback and made some changes, and hopefully in the next two weeks I will get my full red-lined beauty back in my hands to demolish. Then back out to Beta Readers and a final round with the Editors. Then, in your hands it will go! I’ve already started planning the Cover Reveal, Release Blitz and Blog Tour. I’m actively looking for reviewers, too–so if you want a copy to review, give me a shout out. Back to 2013, or should I say onto 2014. It’s time to set the goals for 2014, and let me tell you–just like last year they seem damn near impossible. To see what last year’s goals where and how I did with them you can check out this post “Sales Saturday: Check-Points”. Did I nail some of those goals, even destroy them? Yes, I did–but there were some that I failed at, and epically so–like getting my degree–I didn’t even finish one class towards it last year.
So what does 2014 have in store:
- Release all 4 novels in the Beautifully Flawed Series, and possible Overexposed– Honestly, I think publishing all four is stretching it…but then again, who really needs sleep?
- Release 2 children’s novels–one being book two in the Skippy Tales series and one being the first book in a new series I am co-authoring with my best friend called Finding Freckles.
- Start using Twitter– I did this on the first of January and saw an instant spike in sales…it instantly died after a day, though; so I am not sure what that had to do with.
- Begin a monthly newsletter that recaps the weekly posts along with any giveaways I have going on.
- Begin blogging on a weekly schedule again–with such a tight release schedule I am thinking the first Sunday of the month will be blog day where I write the whole month’s worth of blog posts.
- Look into and begin using PressBooks Catalog for giving previews to each of my novels
- Release a Bestseller–one that hits 100 or below on Amazon
- Sell 5,000 books–actually sell, not including freebies
- Hit 500 fans on Goodreads
- Hit 3,000 Likes on Facebook
- Hit 150 Followers on Twitter
- Hit 4,000 blog followers
- Hit 12,000 views on the blog
- Hit 700 ratings on Goodreads
- Email 50-100 blogs per week for each novel release
- Have a month long tour for each book release
- Try not to get overwhelmed
- Make enough money to warrant buying that Mac I’ve wanted for years–I doubt this will happen unless my computer decides to croak. I just can’t see spending over $500 on a computer.
- Graduate College–this was on last years goals and I did not get there, we shall see if I can get there this year.
- Save some money
- Work out everyday except Sunday–We shall see
- Keep doing well at my new job– take on more responsibility
- Keep the weight off
- Teach Kanga agility and maybe enter in some competitions
- Stop being afraid of babies–I’m going to be an Auntie!
- Design at least 10 book covers for myself and other authors
I’m sure I could come up with some more, but I think it’s a good start.
What are your New Year’s resolutions? Blog more? Read More?
~Sleep is optional