I woke up this morning, rolled over in bed, grabbed my iphone and hit the mail button, and THEN I squealed, not once, but twice!!!
Well, I have been nominated for TWO blog awards! Yes, I know, awesome!
Darlene Foster nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. This is the first award I have ever been nominated for, and I am so grateful that Darlene kept me in mind when she received the award. Darlene is an author from Canada who writes wonderful Middle Grade fiction novels. Her series Amanda in Arabia (and other locations) chronicles a young girl’s adventures in different countries. This book comes highly recommended for those reading MG fiction, so if you do–check it out! Now about this award. Here are the rules:
- Write a little something about the Beautiful Blogger who nominated you with the award. See above and don’t forget to go and check her out too.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
Alright, so here are 7 things you may or may not know about me:
- I have Celiacs Disease. This is an autoimmune disease where the body attacks itself if one consumes gluten (commonly found in wheat, barley and rye…which are in about everything).
- I have the cutest, rather chunky chihuahua/jack russell that God ever created.
- I work in a financial institution.
- I went to two high schools by choice.
- The first thing I had published was a chapter in an American Girl Doll Contest. (I was 7, and I don’t remember much about it, but it was pretty cool!)
- I placed in a poetry contest in which I had to write a poem based on the novel Fahrenheit 451, which I didn’t read until after I won the contest.
- As a teenager I spent my summers writing and training horses at my grandmother’s horse barn.
Now I must pass the nomination to 7 other Beautiful Bloggers, so here we go:
- Little Hyuts whose support of Indie authors is greatly appreciated!
- Merin at A Handful of Confetti who writes honest reviews of books.
- Lada Ray mystery/thriller novelist who often blogs beautiful pictures of her travels
- Fiction Freak, this blog is straight up beautiful!
- YA Book Addict who writes great reviews, takes part in awesome blog tours, and is awesome!
- Living for the Books Erika is a mod on one of my GR groups, and her blog is beautiful!
- LAST but not least for this one…Ramblings of a Book Junkie a great all around blogger!
Alright, what’s next well…
The Misfortune of Knowing was the next person who popped up in my email to say they had nominated me for an award. I personally really enjoy this blog. I subscribe to her posts, and all of them are always informational and make one think. She posts about writing, fiction, and occasionally the law (which I find very interesting especially when it comes to books!).
So the rules of the Liebster nomination are quite easy:
1. Thank and link back to the giver.
2. Answer the giver’s questions.
3. ‘Nominate’ five other blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
4. Ask five questions for one’s nominees to answer.
5. Post it all on one’s blog!
So here are my answers:
- What is your “super power”—an obscure talent or skill that you know (or have been told) is particularly good? For example, some people are super-recognizers, super-tasters, or are particularly empathetic.
Oh, I don’t really know. I guess it would be my determination–once I set my mind to something, it will happen. Period. I will find a way to make it happen, and I will work my butt off to get it. I’m not afraid to get knocked down, but I will get back up and sucker punch it!
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you “grew up”?
That’s an easy one–a writer!
- Name a book or movie you’ve read or watched at least three times and explain why you did.
Pride and Prejudice (the Kierra Knightley movie). I don’t know why, it’s my go-to movie. I have to say I watch it at least 5 times a year. I love everything about this movie, and I love everything about the book too. I love the scene where Mr.Darcy and Lizzy are under the overhang in the rain, and he admits his love to her. Kierra Knightley spews those lines like, I don’t know, an overzealous angel of doom.
- What’s your favorite first name that is not your own? What do you like about it?
At the risk of sounding like a Jane Austen fangirl–Emma. In fact that is what I plan to name our daughter, if we should have one, Emma Lynn Giovanni–doesn’t it sound wonderful? Of course, I think (here goes the ego) anything goes wonderful with the last name Giovanni. Emma is my favorite Jane Austen character. She has so much spunk, and even though she’s a bit arrogant, she really is trying to help her friends, but then ends up hurting herself.
- Where in the world would you like to be in 10 years? Why?
Ha, now that is a loaded question. The truth is there is a certain factor here that either changes everything, or keeps it the same if not worse. Read In Between Seasons…that’s all I have to say.
Deep breath, alright now… My nominees:
- Cause I say So, alright I admit, I have a bit of a soft spot for L.J, but I promise that she is great. Her reviews are honest, and I particularly like how she talks about the cover of the book, the books content, and the writing when she does reviews.
- Tiffany Loves Books, Tiffany is an up and coming blogger. She has a wonderful Author Spotlight, and supports Indie authors with reviews, and by voicing their names across the internet.
- Diane Tibert author, publisher, photographer…she’s just great!
- Babblings of a Bookaholic, Kylee also rates the covers of books she reads, and she is also very honest about her reviews!
- Reading Under the Stars, As’Ishah has a beautiful blog where she reviews books, inserts some great personal posts, and is pretty awesome!
AND their questions:
- What is your all time favorite novel and why?
- If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be?
- What inspires you to blog?
- If you could be anything in the world, what would it be?
- Where is your dream place to live?
Alright, now I must go work on what I was originally going to do as a post!